Tamiya Education 71202 Microcomputer Robot (Wheeled Type)
Construction and programming are essential to developing young minds. This TAMIYA construction kit takes Tamiya’s WHEELED PROGRAM ROBOT to the next level with its second product in the Programming Robot Series. The kit includes a BBC micro:bit computer which controls the model when it is finished, and can even be modified with your own unique program. The possibilities are endless, not least for STEM work with those studying the application of programming in the classroom.
• Length: 185mm, width: 138mm, height: 162mm.
• A pre-installed program lets the robot move ahead under its own control, with arms and head moving.
• When the ultrasonic sensor identifies an obstacle ahead, it transmits that information to the BBC micro:bit, which uses a pre-installed program to give the included Type 130 motors commands to avoid the obstacle.
• Programs are available on the Tamiya homepage to use another BBC micro:bit (sold separately) as a remote control, and allow other functions.
• The Tamiya website features an extensive section giving advice on the use of the BBC micro:bit. It can be programmed using free online coding software compatible with visual programming (computer, internet connection and micro USB cable are required).
• Requires two separately sold AA batteries.