Tamiya RC 58631 Subaru Impreza Monte Carlo '99 (TT-02)
Rally Legend on the TT-02
The 1999 version of the two-door Subaru Impreza rally car was a highly balanced beast, with 4-cylinder turbocharged all-aluminum boxer engine, a drive-by-wire throttle and semi-automatic 6-speed transmission. This R/C model assembly kit recreates the Impreza from the year's opening rally in Monte-Carlo, with the form faithfully depicted in durable polycarbonate, and separate parts used to recreate rear wing and side mirrors. Stickers are included to recreate the multitude of team and sponsor logos. The model runs on the adaptable TT-02 chassis, which is equally at home on road and flat dirt surfaces.
TT-02: Adaptable, balanced shaft driven 4WD
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to give excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports. Gold color fin-spoke wheels are paired with rally block tires.
- Length: 442mm, Width: 186mm, Height: 140mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 27/69mm (Front & Rear)
- Bathtub-type Frame
- Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Front/Rear 4-Bevel Resin Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Front/Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 9.58:1 (9 further ratios from 11.38:1 to 7.28:1 possible with use of separately-sold pinions)
- Type 540 Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) is sold separately.
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel R/C Unit with ESC
- Battery Pack & Charger
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter